Jag gillar ju surfare jag, speciellt de lokala (Santa Barbara, Malibu) som Kelly Slater och Laird Hamilton, som båda ofta syns i olika sammanhang där hälsa står i fokus, som ju är essentiellt för att orka surfa runt på världens största vågor. Kelly har listat sina absolut bästa hälsotips för att hålla sig stark och fokuserad. Väldigt inspirerande.
1. Chia Seeds – These seeds are an unprocessed, whole-grain rich in protein, Omega-3 fats, fiber, and fatty acids. They’re beneficial for skin and aging, digestive health, heart health, provide an energy boost and support a healthy metabolism, build muscle, support weight loss, and fight breast cancer and diabetes.
2. Kimchi – A Korean fermented cabbage and spice mixture, kimchi is low in calories but high in nutrients like amino acids, antioxidants, fiber, Vitamin A and C, and probiotics. It supports the immune system, regulates cholesterol levels, improves digestion, has anti-obesity and anti-aging properties, and reduces risk of cancer.
3. Grass-Fed, Organic Beef – According to Eat Wild, “If all Americans switched to grass-fed meats, our national epidemic of obesity might diminish.” It’s lower in fat and calories, 2-4 times higher in Omega-3 than grain-fed beef, high in CLA’s (reducing cancer risk) and Vitamin E (an antioxidant with anti-aging qualities).
4. Elk Antler Extract – An ancient Chinese medicine proven to provide Arthritis relief, elk antler extract has anti-aging properties, enhances athletic performance and mental acuity, builds muscle, supports healthy blood flow, and the immune system.
5. Bee Pollen – Considered, “one of nature’s most completely nourishing foods,” bee pollen is about 40% protein. Pollen improves endurance and vitality, reduces cravings and addictions, remedies allergies, prevents infectious diseases (i.e cold and flu), regulates the intestines, maintains healthy skin, and helps overcome developmental problems in children.
6. Kelp – Kelp is a nutrient rich, brown seaweed low in fats and calories yet high in antioxidants, minerals (particularly Iodine and Calcium), enzymes, and fiber. It increases brain functioning and energy levels, promotes weight loss and thyroid hormone production, strengthens bones and muscles, and benefits cardiovascular health.
7. Ginseng – Ginseng is an ancient herbal remedy containing ginsenosides, which improve memory and mood, fight diabetes, cancer, ADHD, and reduce the relative risk of respiratory illnesses by 48%.
8. Shilajit – Touted in India as the ‘Destroyer of Weakness’ this nutrient rich, resinous biomass contains humic and fulvic acids. Shilajit supports energy production and cell rejuvenation, balanced blood sugar, absorption of vital nutrients, sharp intelligence, efficient detoxification, as well as improved memory and mood.
9. Ashwagandha – AKA Indian Ginseng, Ashwagandha is A resilient plant with anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, antidepressant, cardio-protective, anti-diabetic, stress relief, antioxidant, and aphrodisiac properties.
10. Almond Milk – Low in fat but high in energy, this dairy alternative contains zero cholesterol or lactose and is rich in proteins, lipids, minerals (Calcium, Iron, and Potassium, to name a few) and vitamins. Known to reduce the risk of cancer as well as high blood pressure, strengthen bones and muscles, improve vision and the health of the heart, kidneys, and skin, and amazingly, is a substitute for breast milk.
Otherknown Kellys Slaters clothing brand